Charlotte, NC, 2014 — Men will redefine cool this spring. Impeccably tailored, casual is more dressed up. Dressed up is more dressed down. A statement piece or two doesn’t have to be tricky, right? Here are 10 items that will make it easy to look good- Belk Men’s Most Wanted.
1. Linen- Great style begins with spring’s favorite fabric. It is a seasonal staple that loves warm weather. Men will be stylish, comfy and confident.
Ocean & Coast, Linen shirt $60, linen pant $65
2. Cool Tees- From slub yarns and heathers to bold graphics and vintage outdoor screen-prints, the tee shirt is fashion’s secret weapon.
3. Spring Pant- Slim fit bottoms are a given, while new oxford cloth and washed down colors are an instant update.
4. Preppy Short- Keep faith in the classic Bermuda, but check out shorter shorts (i.e. tennis lengths) in washed reds and watery blues. They are borrowed from the old, but oh, so new.
5. Athletic-inspired Knits - Fashion meets function. Borrowed from the gym, active-friendly textiles and details have gained some street smarts. The baseball-inspired tee is the perfect example. Take any wardrobe to the next level by pairing sportif items with classic sportswear pieces. Get sporty!
6. Bold Checks- Panes, plaids and gingham check shirts are both office worthy and weekend ready. These are shirts that work as hard as you do.
7. Blue, blue, blue- Get creative with monochromatic mixes of every guy’s favorite color. From aqua to ocean, royal to indigo –you will be singing the blues. (In a good way!)
Saddlebred Sport Coat, $125
8. Happy Feet- Novelty socks take fashion for a fantastic ride in colors and patterns that are at the same time over the top and easy to wear. No risk, no reward.
Novelty Socks by Gold Toe, $6 – $21
9. Suspenders- Ask the Brits who love their braces! Weekend or workplace, a little old school flair goes a long way. Suspenders are re-emerging in whimsical patterns and preppy colors. Style guys are weighing in.
Saddlebred, $20 -$25
10. Boat Shoe- Hit your stride feet first. Tune up a classic with fresh, earthy color combos and updated camo prints. Comfort can be really cool.
Sperry “Halyard”, $60.00
Belk Style Statements– Spring 2014 (Complete library of hi-res images)
Michele Dickey or Logan Shoaf
About Arlene Goldstein
A seasoned fashion veteran, Arlene Goldstein is Vice President of Trend Merchandising and Fashion Direction for Belk, Inc. With more than 25 years in the industry, her extensive fashion knowledge and keen eye for style has deemed her an expert in the field. She also leads Belk’s special events department and is instrumental in maintaining Belk’s image as a leader in the retail industry. Early in her career, she served Parisian as Director of Special Events and later as Fashion Director. She was promoted to Vice President of Trend Merchandising for Saks, Inc., bringing color and trend direction to the various department store operating divisions under the Saks, Inc. umbrella.
Ms. Goldstein travels to fashion capitals in the United States and around the world, such as New York, Paris, London and Milan, to explore emerging trends in order to bring her special brand of style back to Belk. She collaborates with Belk merchandising, private brands and marketing to set the tone seasonally, bringing a distinct and trend-right point of view to Belk customers, and she is constantly in demand as a fashion resource for stylists and fashion publications throughout the country. Ms. Goldstein serves as a regular contributor for The Huffington Post in the HUFFPOST STYLE section. (Follow her on Twitter @BelkFashionBuzz.)
About Belk, Inc.
Charlotte, N.C.-based Belk, Inc. (www.belk.com) is the nation’s largest family owned and operated department store company with 301 Belk stores located in 16 Southern states. Founded in 1888 by William Henry Belk in Monroe, N.C., the company is in the third generation of Belk family leadership and has been committed to community involvement since its inception. Each year, Belk gives a portion of its pretax income back to the communities it serves. In the fiscal year ending Jan. 31, 2013, the company and its associates, customers and vendors, donated more than $19 million to those communities. Belk stores and belk.com offer a wide assortment of top national brands and private label fashion apparel, shoes and accessories for the entire family along with top name cosmetics, a wedding registry and a large selection of quality merchandise for the home. To connect with Belk go to: Belk Get Connected.
Modern. Southern. Style.
Belk seeks to satisfy the modern Southern lifestyle like no one else, so that our customers get the fashion they desire and the value they deserve. Our vision is for the modern Southern woman to count on Belk first – for her, for her family, for life.