January 15, 2013 3:24 PM | Posted By: Jennifer Bradshaw Martin
Organization: Great Raleigh Merchants Association (GRMA) & Shop Local Raleigh
Position: Program Coordinator
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
Salary: Up to $35,000 based on experience
About GRMA & Shop Local Raleigh:
The Greater Raleigh Merchants Association (GRMA) is a non-profit organization that has been a single effective voice for small business and merchants since 1940. Comprised of business owners, entrepreneurs, merchants and other professionals in the Raleigh area, GRMA promotes an environment of communication, cooperation and support for local businesses.
In 2009 GRMA launched Shop Local Raleigh (SLR). SLR is all about promoting and supporting locally-owned, independent businesses. It’s about making hard-earned money go further, fueling the local economy, and helping to preserve the unique character of Raleigh.
The Program Coordinator position seeks a well-rounded professional that can plan events, serve as a membership and marketing leader and assist in the day to day activities of the organization. This position will report directly to the executive director and will work in partnership with the Director to accomplish the goals of the organization.
The ideal candidate will have experience in event planning, marketing, and must be self-motivated. Exceptional interpersonal skills are indispensable due to the importance of positive relationships with board members, business members, government officials and the public.
Several of the major roles of the Program Coordinator will be planning monthly networking events and socials, educational seminars, substantially increasing membership revenue and membership retention, Brewgaloo (craft beer festival) and the Raleigh Christmas Parade. Program Coordinator will work directly with the Executive Director and committee chairs on these events. The parade and craft beer festival are major sources of revenue for GRMA/Shop Local Raleigh and make up a large percentage of the operating budget. The Program Coordinator will need to be able to prioritize, manage multiple tasks as once and flexibility is crucial. Program Coordinator will also be flexible in that the actual day to day responsibilities and understands that some days may differ from what’s listed on this job description.
· Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), who will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for GRMA’s programs, expansion and execution of its mission.
· Assisting Executive Director with additional projects and tasks relevant to moving the organization forward
· Develop working relationships with the organizations members to help support them in their business needs
· Assist the Executive Director in developing membership, including business networking and new member recruitment.
· Process and welcome new members
· Post regularly to the organizations blog and social media sites; write prepare and distribute regular e-blasts to our member and consumer databases, including monthly announcement of new members, event promotions, holiday promotions, etc
· Plan, coordinate and work with the Executive Director on the Raleigh Christmas Parade and Brewgaloo, including but not limited to vendor contracting, parade unit registration/descriptions, volunteer recruitment, etc.
· Growing event revenue and overall general public perception with Brewgaloo, The Raleigh Christmas Parade, and other planned events
· Duties as assigned by the Executive Director
· 4-year degree or comparable experience desired
· Strong marketing, public relations and fundraising experience
· Event planning experience, ability to organize receptions and networking socials
· Strong written and verbal communications skills
· Ability to make changes to the organization’s website regularly, including blog-posting and social media updates
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, email marketing software
· Excellent time management skills
No phone calls please.
Additional Information:Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
GRMA/Shop Local Raleigh Job Description